In this video, use a vector path to create a selection with a maximum of control over the shape of the selection.
- [Narrator] What do we need … to create a complex selection? … The lasso tool will almost always be our tool of choice. … However, there might be occasions … in which we need very precise control … over the shape of our selection … and in that case, we can use another technique … to create our selection by using a vector path. … There are different tools for creating … vector path in Photoshop, … and you might recognize some of them … from other software packages like Illustrator. … For my example, I want to use the freeform pen tool … because it behaves a little bit like the lasso tool. … If I click and drag, I can create an organic line … and let's just have a few turns over our digital canvas here … and when we connect with the starting point, … this path is completed … and we now end up with a vector path … that is defined by a series of points. … And by using the direct selection tool, … we can select individual points on our path … and adjust them. … That way we can bring our path into exactly the shape …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.