Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting skin tones and faces, part of Photoshop CS6 New Features.
In this movie, I'm going to introduce you to a feature that allows you…to automatically isolate skin tones and offers the added advantage of face recognition.…I am looking at that filtered image that I created in the previous movie.…Let's say now that I want to limit the oil painting effect to just the midtones…and the highlights inside the model's face.…Well, because I'm working with a Smart Filter, I have a filter mask.…Currently the mask is completely white, meaning everything in the image…is getting filtered.…But now because it's easier to create the filter mask from scratch, I'm going to…right-click on the existing one and choose Delete Filter Mask.…
And next, I will go up to the Select menu and choose the Color Range command.…Now for those of you who aren't familiar with this command, it works a lot like…the Magic Wand tool except much better.…Use the command by Clicking and then Shift+Dragging inside the image to lift the…key colors for your selection, and then you can adjust the Fuzziness value to…
- Enabling auto recovery and background saving
- Filtering layers in the Layers panel
- Modifying multiple layers at once
- Applying layer effects to groups
- Working with the Content-Aware tools
- Redeveloping photos in Camera Raw 7
- Creating depth of field with the Blur Gallery
- Correcting wide-angle panoramas
- Filling and stroking shape layers
- Editing videos in the Timeline panel
- Previewing 3D shadows and reflections
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Photoshop CS6 New Features: Brusheswith John Derry1h 42m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. The New Features
2. New with The Creative Cloud
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.