Do you want to make a selection in Adobe Photoshop CC 2017? What are the commands that allow you to make a selection and how do they work together? In this video, Richard Harrington walks through how to use the Select All, Deselect, and Reselect tools in Adobe Photoshop to create a selection.
- To get started…I want to show you…some of the most basic selection tools.…Now if you're an experienced user,…don't worry,…I'm going to throw a few advanced techniques in, too.…But Photoshop comes with a core collection of tools…that make it easy to select pixels at a fairly broad level.…I've jumped into Adobe Bridge…and you can access this from Photoshop…by choosing File, Browse, and Bridge.…And from the exercise files,…I want you to open up the first three images here.…Now in this case, I've created a bit of a composite.…
We've got a flamingo that's splashing in the water,…but I'd like a little more splash.…So what I've done here…is actually composited in a few things.…You'll notice for example,…that we have the water laid on top…and by using blending modes…and an actual gradient mask here…we're able to make that adjustment.…Then I've applied an exposure adjustment and curves.…Now, you'll also notice…that we've painted out the bird's head,…so I'll walk you through that process, too.…
And then overall brought out the color.…
- What are selections?
- Creating masks from selections
- Moving a selection
- Selecting with the Quick Selection tool
- Transforming a selection
- Using the Refine Edge command
- Selecting a color or tonal range throughout the image
- Making a selection with the Pen tool
- Saving a selection as an alpha channel
- Creating a selection from multiple channels with the Calculations command
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Selections?
2. Getting Started with Selection Tools
3. The Wand Tools
4. Refining a Selection
5. Power User Techniques
6. Creating Selections with Channels
What are channels?3m 43s
7. Face-Aware Liquify
Final thoughts1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.