Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Sculpting the body, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Alright, welcome back.…In this movie, what I am going to do is modify the structure of the image just a little bit.…I want to make some subtle modifications.…So let's copy our Retouch layer.…You can do that by going to Layer New, layer via copy.…Then we are going to navigate to our filter drop down menu and choose Liquify.…Here we are going to use the Forward Warp tool, really big brush, brush density pretty high as well…and maybe a little bit smaller brush pressure.…Let's go really low here.…What I want to do is just bring this shoulder down a little bit.…I want to take the size of this arm in.…
So I am just going to nudge this over.…It feels a little bit too big in reference to the rest of the image.…I am going to go ahead and bring that down.…I am changing my brush size so I can do some detail work on a couple…of different areas, bring the overall size of the arm here.…Make sure to make even lines as I do this.…It is to look natural.…
Now, in order to see if we are doing a good job, what we can do is turn on the backdrop or show the backdrop.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.