Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Sculpting with Liquify as a smart filter, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Here I want to look…at how we can use the Liquify filter as a Smart Filter.…I also want to highlight another tool…that we can use in order to sculpt…or to change the shape in our photograph.…When you're working with Liquify as a Smart Filter,…the first thing that you need to do…is to convert your layer to a Smart Object Layer.…There are two ways to do that.…You can either click in the layer and right-click…or ctrl+click, then choose Covert to Smart Object,…or you can always just go to the Filter pull-down menu here…and then choose Convert for Smart Filters.…
Either way it does the exact same thing.…So, click on the layer, Filter, Convert for Smart Filters.…When you choose that menu item, this dialog will open up…and it just says to enable re-editable Smart Filters,…the selected layer will be converted into a Smart Object.…What that means is that it gives you flexibility…so that you can re-edit or you can change your mind…or change your settings after the fact.…That's what we want to do, so here we click OK.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.