In this video, adjust the Scattering values in order to influence the placing and multiplication of your brush tip.
- [Instructor] Let's have a look … at the scattering settings of the brush tool. … We find it here in the little menu under scattering … and on the right side we can now … adjust the different values. … The first value is the scatter value … and if we increase it you can see … in the brush stroke preview below here … that the brush tips are moved away … from the original position on the brush stroke. … The higher the value the more they get moved. … Currently the brush tips are only moved in one direction, … but if I activate this little check box here … that says both axis, … the brush tips get displaced in all directions. … Let's have a look how this looks on our canvas, nice. … If we are not happy with the number … of brush tips that get scattered around … we have the count value. … This acts as a multiplier to the number … of brush tips that get scattered around our brush stroke. … If I increase it we get more brush tips. … I can even add a jitter to the count value … with the effect that now the multiplier …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.