What kind of scanner course would this be if it didn’t talk about scanning yourself? Explore an ongoing collection of ideas in this regard, including the use of long hair, costumery, masks, fishnet gloves, finger paints, jewelry, props, typography, fake tattoos, real tattoos, sunglasses, props, hair, and makeup.
- Okay, so you did know…that you can use scanners for selfies, right?…Now, I have borrowed a friend here to help me demonstrate…and there's two reasons for that.…One, she's better looking than me.…And number two, she's got way more hair than I do…and hair can be a super nice bonus…when taking scanner selfies.…Now, first things first…and just to keep the legal department happy,…be careful with your scanner's bright light.…I've read that it's safe on the eyes more or less…as long as you don't look at it for too long,…but I am not an eye doctor so that's your call entirely.…
And me, I'm gonna have my helper use sunglasses…at least for most of the scans…and that's mainly to hide the fact…that she's got her eyes closed.…Also, don't press down too hard on your scanner's glass…when you're taking selfies…'cause that can mess around with the machinery inside.…All right, enough scary warnings here.…Let's have some selfie fun…and we're gonna brainstorm this topic together.…So, first of all, clean off your scanner's glass…
- Working with scanning equipment
- Scanning resolution and cropping
- Advanced digital treatments of scans
- Building a creature with a scanner
- Creating a collage with a scanner
- Scanning botanical specimens from your yard
- Creating a GIF using your scanner
- Processing film negatives with a scanner
- Professional uses for scanography
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Scanning Techniques for Photography Art and Designwith Taz Tally6h 53m Intermediate
Introduction to scanography1m 55s
1. Getting Started Scanning
2. Using Your Scanner to Create Art
3. Advanced Compositions with Scanning
4. Sharing Your Work
Where to go from here3m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.