Chris Mattia teaches you the basics of scaling images in Photoshop so you can quickly prepare your teaching and learning assets. Scaling images is an essential skill that every teacher, trainer, instructional designer, and student needs to master.
- [Narrator] Let's look at one of the most common things…that you'll use Photoshop for in preparing images for…teaching and learning.…And that is scaling images to a particular size.…The most common way that you'll need to scale…your images is down.…After all, your digital camera and smartphone generally…takes images at a significantly higher resolution than…you need for presentations, documents, or websites.…What we are about to do is going to be a potentially…destructive process, so it's always a good idea to…handle your final-image scaling near the very end…of your workflow.…
Now, for this image, I only have one more small…change to make.…And that is to rename this layer, so I'll double-click…on layer one and call it Wall.…Then go to the file menu and choose Save…to save all of your changes.…Then go back to File, and this time choose Save As…and change the name of your file to include an…_scale in the file name.…And then click Save.…Okay, so now we're all set.…
Go up to the Image menu and choose Image Size…or use the keyboard shortcut of Command + Option + I…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.