Chris Mattia teaches you the basics of image resizing in Photoshop so your next teaching and learning presentation has perfect images.
- [Instructor] Scaling your images for a presentation…is really straightforward,…and it only takes three steps.…Crop to the correct aspect ratio, scale the image,…and export it out to an appropriate file type…for your presentation tool.…Pretty much every presentation program on the market…has moved to a predominantly widescreen presentation layout…that matches HD displays in a 16 x 9 aspect ratio.…So that's the best setting to crop full screen images to.…Now grab your crop tool and go up to the drop down menu…here in your options bar and set your ratio to 16 x 9.…
Then select your crop and press enter or return.…I'll jump to the move tool to get away from the crop tool…and then go up to the image menu and select image size.…Now for most presentations,…if you build your slides at 720p you're going to be golden.…So you'll want to make sure that the with and height options…are linked together,…and that your units are set to pixels.…Then since the height value for a 720p image is 720 pixels,…that makes it easy to remember what to enter.…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.