Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving, part of Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photography.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
We need to talk for a minute about a Version Control issue here.…We've resized the image and in doing so, I've sizes down to 8 x 10, so I've thrown…out a bunch of pixels.…So I had my original version that I opened, which has my full pixel data and now…I have sampled it down.…I've thrown it out in a bunch of data because I want to print 8 x 10.…I do not now want to save over my original image, because my original image…is chock-full of data.…It has got far more pixels then I need for 8 x 10.…So if I later want to print say a 13 x 19, I'll want to have all of that data,…and I won't want to have to go to and redo all of my adjustments.…
So having saved my image, it's very important that I now go and choose Save As…and give it a different name.…And so what I usually do is label it a print image, and tell the size, and save that out.…I'm saving as a Photoshop document, because I want to keep all of my adjustment layers.…I will definitely keep separate documents for different print sizes.…I will sometimes even keep separate documents for different print sizes on…
- Getting the shot: landscape-specific shooting tips and tricks
- Choosing the right equipment
- Cropping and straightening images
- Making localized color and tonal adjustments
- Reducing noise
- Guiding the viewer’s eye with localized adjustments
- Adding a vignette
- Using gradient masks to create seamless edits
- Approaching adjustments like a painter–thinking in light and shadow
- HDR imaging
- Creating panoramas: shooting and post-processing techniques
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: Camera Raw 6with Chris Orwig6h 28m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Performing Basic Edits in Camera Raw
3. Localized Editing and Color Correction in Camera Raw
4. Final Steps in Camera Raw
5. Performing Additional Edits in Photoshop
7. HDR Imaging
8. Converting to Black and White
Black-and-white conversion7m 13s
9. Putting It All Together and Thinking Like a Painter
10. Outputting Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.