Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving selections for reuse, part of Photoshop CS5: Selections in Depth.
Once you have made a selection that you are happy with, using any of the many…techniques that I covered in this course, take a second to save your…selection with the image.…That way you won't have to create the selection again if you want to reuse it in the future.…Here I have a shot of this sweet Tesla battery-powered car.…I'd like to isolate it from the people standing around looking at it so that I…can use this as a product shot.…I will create a selection of the car using any of the selection tools.…I am going to use the Quick Selection tool, using the same technique that I…showed you in an earlier movie about that tool.…
I will click in the image, and I will make a small selection, and then I…will hold the Option key, the Alt key on the PC, as I move my mouse all…around the car, and what I'm doing is training the tool as to what I don't want it to select.…I'd go all around the car that way and then come back into the car and click and…drag, and each time I click and drag I am adding to my selection.…
- Understanding the when and why of making selections
- Combining and transforming selections
- Selecting fine detail with Refine Edge
- Capturing soft and hard edges in one selection
- Understanding the relationship of selections to masks
- Removing color fringe around selections
- Using the Marquee and Lasso tools
- Working with the Color Range command
- Selecting with the Pen tool and paths
- Making easy selections with the Quick Selection tool
- Working with Refine Mask
- Sharing selections between images
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 One-on-One: Advancedwith Deke McClelland26h 24m Intermediate
Photoshop CS5: Creative Compositingwith Chris Orwig4h 41m Intermediate
1. Why Make Selections?
2. Selection Basics
3. Modifying Selections
4. Refining Selections
5. Geometric Selection Methods
6. Drawing Selection Methods
7. Tonal and Color Selection Methods
8. Using Image Properties to Select
9. Saving Selections
10. Working in Quick Mask Mode
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.