Mike Rankin reviews how to save images for the web in Photoshop, including how to choose the right file format and options to preserve the best quality with the smallest file size.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we'll look at … some of the options for exporting images … from Photoshop to the web. … Specifically, we'll be using the controls … in the Save For Web dialog box, … which gives you the most control for exporting web images. … So here in our exercise file, we have an image of a rabbit … in black pixels on a transparent background. … And there are also some partially transparent pixels … along the edges that smooth out the appearance of curves … with anti-aliasing. … And if I click several times with the zoom tool … right at the top of the rabbit's head, … you can see those partially transparent pixels. … Also, this image is really large. … If I check the document dimensions down here at the bottom, … it's 2,307 pixels by 3,413. … So our goal in exporting this for the web … is to scale this image way down to appropriate dimensions … while making the file size as small as possible … and still maintaining the best quality that we can. … And in this case, let's say we don't really care about …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.