Mike Rankin reviews issues related to saving an image for commercial printing with Photoshop, including issues of color space, resolution, preserving fonts, and the use of color profiles.
- [Instructor] In this movie, … we'll look at the important things to remember … about saving an image for commercial printing in Photoshop. … First of all, for any job, … the best source of advice and procedures … is your print service provider. … They can best advise you on issues like color space, … resolution, and the use of color profiles. … General best practices for most commercial printing jobs … include using images … between 225 and 300 pixels-per-inch resolution, … and keeping images in RGB format … and allowing the image to be converted to CMYK … only at output time. … For example, if an image is to be included … in a layout produced with Adobe InDesign, … it's most likely that the layout will exported as a PDF … and sent to the print service provider. … In that case, the PDF export settings used in InDesign … will handle resampling the image … to the appropriate resolution … and either converting the colors … to a destination color space, … or leaving all colors unchanged …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.