Mike Rankin demonstrates various ways to save and load selections in Photoshop. He shows how to save selections as channels and as layer masks, and then activate those selections with a click.
- [Instructor] Anytime you think you might need … to reuse a selection it's a good idea to save it, … that way you don't need to waste time … redoing the same work over and over. … So let's see how to save selections … as channels in Photoshop. … In our exercise file we have this crazy fan guy … with his foam finger, and let's say that the foam finger … was a product that would appear in catalogs … in various color variations. … To change its color first we need to select it. … To do that quickly I'll use the quick selection tool … with a size of about a hundred pixels. … And I'll use the right bracket key on my keyboard … to increase that size. … And then drag several times over the finger to select it. … It's not a perfect selection right now, … but it's good enough to be worth saving. … It would get pretty boring selecting this same finger … over and over in this way. … So to save it I'll choose Select, Save Selection. … In the dialogue box I can choose … where to save the selection. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.