This video explores shifting the whites in an image.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie I used…a vibrance adjustment layer to help build density…in a flat sky.…To make the blues of a sky bluer.…But when you have a sky that is blown out,…where there are no blues,…vibrance won't work.…There simply isn't enough color information to work with.…Instead, I can use a selective color adjustment.…I'll come to my list of adjustment layers…and choose selective color.…Now the colors that I want to work with…are the whites.…And because I want to make quite a drastic change…I have this set to absolute,…rather than relative,…which will be a more subtle effect.…
I'm going to increase the amount of cyan,…slightly increase the amount of magenta,…decrease the yellow,…and slightly increase the amount of black.…Here's the before,…and here's the after.…Let's take a look at this second example…where the sky is completely flat,…no detail whatsoever.…So we are going to be shifting from a flat white…to a flat, there is still goonna be no detail in there,…but a flat light blue, at least.…And I'll add the selective color adjustment…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.