In this video, create a rough sketch as a basis for your digital drawing.
- [Instructor] I want to start my digital drawing … by creating a rough sketch, and in order to do that, … I create a new layer in my digital file, … and my rough sketch will go onto that layer. … In the rough sketch, I decide what I'm going to draw, … I also play around a little bit with forms, … and I already know what I want to draw. … I want to draw a space truck, … something that a traveler … that visits different planets … could use to drive around, … a little bit sci-fi inspired, … and I want this to be one of these vehicles … where you have a nice big cockpit … and a storage area attached to it … and these nice big wheels. … And I use the rough sketch to collect all these ideas … and also to find the perspective for my drawing. … So this is like a concept drawing or an idea drawing. … I want to draw it in a perspective … that shows most parts of the design. … So I want to see the roof of the space truck, … maybe with some cargo attached here and there. … I also want to be able to see the wheels …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.