In this video, create a rough drawing based on your favorite idea sketch.
- [Instructor] The first step in my drawing process … always is a rough sketch, … and I like to create those on a separate layer. … So I go down here to the layer select, and create … a new layer for my rough sketch. … And now, I will start to just fool around a little bit here. … What I know is that I want to create a character. … And, I also want to... … create a character and a space theme. … And, first thing that I'm doing here is … I'm experimenting with some basic head shapes first. … This also helps me to warm up a little bit. … Just creating some organic forms. … And when I find something that I think could … start look like something that I want to do, … I just doodle around a little bit. This is actually the … most fun part of any illustration project because … you are very free in your decisions. Can really … just fool around a little bit, and test some weird ideas. … So, I have a nice feeling of this character here. … Very broad face, broad nose. Looks kind of interesting. …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.