Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Rough sketch, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- We now have a color composition…for our illustration…and I want to use this to create a rough drawing…for our illustration.…In order to do that,…I will select this little color composition.…I'm copying it,…ctrl + c, and I create a new file.…Since I have the color composition in my clipboard now,…the size here for the new file…already fits this little color composition…and what I want to do now is to…make it a little bit bigger…so that I can draw in it better.…
So under Image, Image Size,…I choose something like,…well, 1200 is a good dimension…for the height of the image file, I think.…I put this here in the background…so that it doesn't distract me…and you see that our color composition has…pretty low resolution…and the scaling has blur it…but that's completely okay.…I will now decrease the opacity of my color composition…to something like this…and I now create a new layer…on which I want to perform my drawing.…
I switch to the Brush Tool,…I pick my drawing brush…and let's perhaps do the outline…for the illustration first.…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.