Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Rough sketch, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- Now that we have our idea sketch,…we can proceed to the next step…and this is the rough…sketch for our drawing.…First thing we're going to do is to get rid of…all these ideas that we are not going to use,…not this time anyway.…I'm using the Rectangular Marquee Tool…and I select this little idea sketch here…then I go to Image,…Crop.…
That way we end up with an image…that has the proportions…of our final illustration…but it is much too small.…You can see all the pixels here,…this is a very small image.…let me just open up…the little Info window that we have…because here we can see how big our image is.…It is 222 x 282 pixels.…This is tiny…so we need to resize our image now.…
We can do this under Image,…Image Size.…Now, here you could actually…choose dimensions in centimeters or inches…in combination with a resolution of 300 dpi.…Our canvas would then be big enough to be printed…in the desired dimensions…but I'm going to use the unit Pixels…because I want to…scale the image to a size of about…1200 pixels height…and Photoshop adjusts…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.