Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video Rough sketch, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- [Voiceover] Here's my empty canvas…with a perspective Grid on a separate layer.…And now I want to start my drawing…and I, personally, start every drawing with a rough sketch.…and for that I will create a new layer.…I'm going to re-name it to "Sketch".…Now, I'm changing in the Tool Presets palette…to my drawing brush.…I set my color to black and also…I zoom into my canvas, here,…position the window a little bit…so that my sketch can go here,…in the middle of the canvas.…
So, I was thinking that…it would be fun to sketch a spaceship…and that's what I'm going to do right now.…If you're creating spaceships,…you should start your design…with very simple shapes.…Note how I try to use the perspective grid…to draw my lines here,…of this cubic shape.…
There's basically two sets of lines in this drawing.…There's the lines that go…towards the top left vanishing point,…and the lines that go to the top right vanishing point.…I try to draw these lines…according to the perspective grid,…and actually, there's a third set of lines…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.