In this video, take a brief look at the Rotate View tool.
- [Instructor] The hand tool is our best friend, … and it is quickly activated by pressing … and holding the spacebar, which turns our cursor … into the hand tool. … Now we can easily move our digital canvas … inside our file window. … We can also access the hand tool … from the toolbar here on the left side, … and if I click and hold the hand tool icon, … we discover the hand tool's brother, the rotate view tool. … I activate this, and now if I click and drag … inside my file window, … I'm able to rotate my digital canvas. … I can actually turn it on its head if I want to. … If I now release, the canvas stays in this orientation, … and if I now switch to the brush tool, … I can continue to work on my drawing. … And this comes in very handy … because sometimes it's just easier … to perform a specific brush stroke … at a specific orientation. … And if I want to return to my original orientation, … I just switch back to the rotate view tool, … and here on the options bar at the top, … I find the reset view button, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.