Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing other post-processing tips for the Sol Duc images, part of Landscape Photography: Washington's Olympic National Park.
- In this movie I'd like to add a couple…new tricks to what we've already gone through.…This image here, which I really like.…It's a beautiful mossy branch,…glowing amongst the forest.…We're gonna go ahead and check lens corrections,…which we did on import.…Perfect.…Gonna check our exposure by hitting the "J" key.…I don't see any blue or red, looks good.…Right-click, "Edit in Photoshop".…You can guess what's gonna happen next,…we're gonna go into our curves layer, just like so.…
Option "Auto", and let's take a look at all four.…Number four is very strong.…Let's start at number one, it's more subtle.…Two, you could see how much it cooled, with two.…So, we're starting to see a little bit…more dramatic of a difference.…Even cooler, but it's not the look I'm going for,…I want that warm glow.…We're gonna use number one.…Let's look at before and after.…It really brightened up and helped glow…that part of the image.…Let's go to Color Efex Pro 4.…
Even though this is a different scene than the waterfalls,…what we're gonna do, is we're gonna apply…
- Defining the HIPS acronym for the shooting workflow
- Taking a serene shot of a creek
- Shooting waterfalls
- Isolating trees in a forest
- Getting a macro shot of the forest floor
- Shooting reflective pools
- Using a tilt-shift lens for a panorama
- Shooting fall foliage
- Comparing polarized shots
Skill Level Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Waterfallswith Justin Reznick32m 32s Beginner
Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroomwith Jan Kabili49m 43s Appropriate for all
Travel Photography: Mountains and Snow Landscapeswith Ben Long2h 27m Intermediate
Landscape Photography: Washington's Palouse Regionwith Justin Reznick1h 50m Intermediate
Introduction to the Olympic National Forest
1. Shooting in the Sol Duc Valley
2. Shooting Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula
3. Shooting in the Hoh Rain Forest
4. Reviewing the Final Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.