Join Bert Monroy for an in-depth discussion in this video Reusing and repurposing layers, part of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy: Volume 2.
- Now, I've said that every element of my images,…is placed into a layer.…Now this is one of the lamp posts from Times Square.…And if we look through here, we see that there are…many, many layers that make this up.…You see they are all named, and so on and so forth.…A whole bunch of them going all the way down to the bottom.…Lots of layers.…Now the 'Move' tool, allows you to find particular layers.…You can tell it to, go to a particular layer.…There we go!…And by the way, I want to point out that the one way sign?…It didn't start here, it came from another file,…which had three layers:…the layer of the outside, the black,…the arrow, and the one way, that's actually four layers.…
Two different things that would have been eight more layers.…But no, here it's only two different layers.…One way and the one way edge.…Which made it real easy, but I can re-purpose things.…And that's the point here is the ability…to have everything in layers so that…it can be used somewhere else.…So, what's going to happen here…is I'm going to take this little one way sign…
Need to brush up on concepts like perspective and light? Watch the first installment of Artistic Concepts with Bert Monroy here.
- Creating custom materials
- Creating cork, marble, chrome, and glass materials
- Reusing and repurposing layers
- Using layer masks and layer-mask effects
- Using alpha channels