Mike Rankin demonstrates how to retouch and repair photographic images using the Spot Healing tool, the Clone Stamp tool, and the Content-Aware Fill command in Photoshop.
- [Instructor] In this movie, … we'll see how to use some of the features in Photoshop … for repairing and retouching images. … In the exercise file, … we have a lovely beach scene. … But let's say we wanted to use it … to represent someplace other than Hawaii. … In that case, it would be important … to get rid of this word aloha in the sand. … So let's see some ways to do that. … First, to work non-destructively, … we want to be able to get back … to the original image if we needed to. … So I've created extra layers to do the retouching on. … And we have several tools … that can help us with this job. … We have things like the Spot Healing brush, … the Healing brush tool, … the Patch tool, … and the Clone Stamp tool. … And we can also make use of the feature … for Content-Aware Fill. … So let's try that first. … I'll turn off … the other layers above the Content-Aware Fill layer … and take the Lasso tool. … And draw a quick selection around the word aloha. … And I'll choose Edit, … Content-Aware Fill. …
- Benefits of ACA certification
- Creating a study plan
- Planning a project
- Identifying design elements such as typography
- Using layers and masks
- Using brushes, shapes, and patterns
- Drawing and painting
- Transforming graphical elements
- Preparing images for print and web
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2019 New Featureswith Deke McClelland1h 48m Intermediate
1. Become an Adobe Certified Associate
2. Create a Personal Study Plan
3. Exam Objectives: Working in the Design Industry
4. Exam Objectives: Project Setup and Interface
5. Exam Objectives: Organizing Documents
6. Exam Objectives: Creating and Modifying Visual Elements
7. Exam Objectives: Publishing Digital Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.