For this video, go to the store, buy a package of pasta—spaghetti, penne, bowtie, spiral, anything—and create 8–12 different images that score high on composition, intrigue, and originality. No backdrops here, just pasta on the scanner bed. Do the most with little: restriction doesn’t block creativity, it propels it.
- So here we are, chapter three.…These are projects that you can do on your own,…and what better way to begin than with a project…that is designed to fire up your three most important…talents when it comes to creating scanned images.…I'm talking resourcefulness, originality,…and, yep, creativity.…So to exercise these talents,…we are actually going to be challenging them…to see how much they can do using how little,…and you'll see what I mean here in just a second.…
Okay, here's what you need,…and it's not much.…You're gonna need your computer, your scanner,…and some uncooked pasta.…And I went with this corkscrew style stuff,…since I thought it would be nicely photogenic,…and, yeah, that's about it.…That's all we're going to be using here,…and we're going to see how resourceful and original…and creative we can get with just these things…while also getting to know a thing or two about…the art of scanography.…And maybe start this whole process by telling yourself…something like,…hey, I'm gonna take these here pastas,…
- Working with scanning equipment
- Scanning resolution and cropping
- Advanced digital treatments of scans
- Building a creature with a scanner
- Creating a collage with a scanner
- Scanning botanical specimens from your yard
- Creating a GIF using your scanner
- Processing film negatives with a scanner
- Professional uses for scanography
Skill Level Intermediate
Scanning Techniques for Photography Art and Designwith Taz Tally6h 53m Intermediate
Introduction to scanography1m 55s
1. Getting Started Scanning
2. Using Your Scanner to Create Art
3. Advanced Compositions with Scanning
4. Sharing Your Work
Where to go from here3m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.