In this video, resize your color sketch and split up your composition into separate layers in order to make your life easier in the painting process.
- [Instructor] Here we have our preliminary drawing … on top of our color sketch, … and we can actually now select our color sketch here, … and turn its opacity back to 100% … so that we can see the original colors here … of our color sketch. … And now, if I zoom out, … we will see that we've worked in a pretty low scale, … and we should scale this up, … so that we have more pixels available … for our final digital painting. … I just select both layers here in the layers palette, … the preliminary drawing and the color sketch. … Simply by holding Shift, … you can make a multiple selection … here in the layers palette, … and now I go to Edit, Free Transform, … and by dragging these little handles here, … I can size up my sketch, … and if I hold down the Alt key, … I can perform the scaling around the center … of our composition, and that way I can find … the right scaling for my color sketch here. … Let's hit Enter. … Now, I make a rectangular selection … with the Rectangular Marquis tool, …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.