Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Replacing the contents, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- [Narrator] With the grid now in place,…it's time to swap out those contents.…We'll double-click the Smart Object to open the new window…and now let's put our artwork in there.…The file can_art.psd contains some sample artwork…that I've created already.…So let's grab all of these elements.…We'll click on the bottom layer.…Hold the shift key and click on the top one…to select all of them.…Now let's drag them from this document…into our Smart Object psb.…
And again, when we release the mouse button,…they appear in here.…This is much too big.…So let's make these smaller.…We'll use Free Transform and shrink…the artwork to fit the space.…That looks fairly good.…I don't like the way that we're getting all these…patches showing through behind the artwork there.…
So let's make a new layer.…We'll call it hole filler.…And with the Brush tool, I'll select a hard-edge brush,…sample some of this orange and simply paint in behind there.…Now when we save this artwork,…we can go back to our original can artwork…and there it is wrapped beautifully around the can.…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layerswith Nigel French2h 52m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.