Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Replacing the contents, part of Photoshop: Smart Objects.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] So I'm just about done placing…all of these images and applying the filters.…But my youngest son, Joe, comes in and he says,…"Oh Dad, that is just so embarrassing.…"You cannot use that picture.…"It's far too old.…"Haven't you got a more recent one?"…And I say, "Well yes, okay.…"I've got this picture.…"This was taken a few years later."…"That's much better," he says.…"Use that one instead."…So do I have to go through the whole filters again?…Well because it's a smart object, no I don't.…Let's go onto this layer, select all, and copy.…
And now we can hide that layer again.…I can select any one of these smart objects,…double click it, and as you know,…that opens it in the new window.…And now we can paste in that…picture that I've just used.…Fortunately, their heads (mumbles)…more in the same position.…When I now save this and go back to our original,…well what's happened is not only has it…replaced the smart object in this…picture with a filter attached,…it has replaced the smart object…in every single one of the pictures.…
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with multiple layers
- Replacing contents
- Using Smart Filters
- Nesting Smart Objects
- Creating flexible cover shots
- Working with Camera Raw
- Working with videos and Illustrator files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layerswith Nigel French2h 53m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French5h 28m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Smart Objects
2. Replacing Contents
3. Smart Filters
4. Multiple Smart Objects
5. Flexible Cover Shots
6. Complex Distortion
7. Working with Camera Raw
8. Smart Object Tips and Tricks
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.