Don't like the color of that dress? Here's how to change it.
- If you don't like a particular color…in an image…there are ways to change it.…Here I'd like to change my blue stripes…in the deck chair…to green stripes.…And to do this…I will use a hue and saturation…adjustment layer.…So from the bottom of my Layers panel,…I will come and choose Hue/Saturation.…Using my targeted adjustment tool…I will click on the blues that I want to shift,…it tells me down here…the range of colors that are being affected.…If I just click and drag…with my targeted adjustment tool…that is going to affect the saturation.…
Not what I want in this case.…I want to affect the hue.…So I'm going to hold down…the command or control key…as I click or drag.…And in my case I'm going to go to the left.…Keep going until…I end up…with the kind of green that I'm after…and I can see that down at the bottom,…some of the blues haven't shifted,…so I'm going to move down to there…and do the same thing.…Until we now have green stripes…on our deck chair.…Now what will inevitably happen…in most images…is that as well as shifting the colors…
- The color wheel and color relationships
- Managing color swatches
- Transparency and color channels
- Working with the Color Picker
- Additive and subtractive color
- Working with color modes
- Performing color correction
- Saturation and desaturation
- Designing with spot color
- Using adjustments: levels, curves, and white balance
- Using auto color adjustments
- Matching color
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effectswith Nigel French1h 49m Intermediate
1. Color Terms and Concepts
2. Color Conventions in Photoshop
3. Color Modes in Photoshop
4. Evaluate and Measure Color in Photoshop
5. Enhance Color in Photoshop
6. Techniques for Working with Color in Photoshop
7. Combine Color and Black and White in Photoshop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.