Chris Mattia teaches you the Photoshop expert's secret weapon of image repair in Photoshop, the layer masks. Make quick work of fixing major image problems on your next teaching and learning asset in minutes.
- [Instructor] We're still repairing this image…that we straightened,…and now we need to repair this…missing jib halyard.…Now for the other halyards,…we were able to easily repair those by…simply cloning the existing lines.…However this line has hardware attached.…So simply cloning this existing line…wouldn't produce an accurate looking image.…We'll need to transition from the…hardware to align and continue up on…the same angle as the sail is being pulled up on.…And we can use one of these existing lines…over here but we'll need to rotate and…composite it in manually.…
So start by grabbing your rectangular…marquee tool and then click and drag to…make a selection around the forward line.…Then copy that to your clipboard,…add a new layer,…and paste those pixels in place.…Then double click on the layer to…change its name and let's call it 'Jib Halyard'.…Now grab your move tool from the top of…the tool bar or press the V key to access it.…Then click and drag to move those pixels…over in to an approximate location.…
Now go up to the Edit menu,…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.