Chris Mattia teaches you the basics of repairing your teaching and learning image assets in Photoshop. Image repair tools covered in this short lesson are Content-Aware Fill and the Clone Stamp tool.
- [Voiceover] In the last movie, we straightened…this image but in the process,…we left these gaps around the corners…of the image.…Now, you could of course crop these areas out…but if you need fill them in to maintain the…current crop, then here's how to do it.…Now let's start with these bottom sections.…We'll need to make a selection for these…wedge shapes and the polygonal lasso tool…works great for this.…The polygonal lasso is located here…underneath the main lasso tool.…You use it by clicking to set your initial point,…then drag to click your second point.…
And you want to make a generous selection here…to completely select the wedge shape…into the existing area of the image.…We'll drag up here, click to set another point,…and then drag down near the starting point,…until your cursor gets a close selection circle…next to it.…Then, click to close that selection.…Now, we'll fill this in.…By going up to the edit menu and…selecting the fill command or pressing…Shift + F5 on your keyboard.…You'll need to change the contents…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.