Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing wrinkles with blending modes, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at…how we can use a technique, which we learned…in the previous movie, with this photograph.…This is a photograph of my mom, and she's always saying,…"Christopher, can't you remove my wrinkles?"…So, here you go, mom. We'll take a stab at it.…And the way that we'll do that is first,…we'll duplicate the background layer,…and then we'll double click that layer name…and call this one, "Wrinkles."…Next, want to zoom in a little bit on the image,…and make sure we have the clone stamp tool.…Use that blending mode of lighten.…What about opacity?…You want to bring this down to 10, 20, 30 percent,…and it will really depend upon the intensity…of the wrinkle and the brightness of the image,…so, you want to try something relatively low at first.…
Now, we want to have align turned on, sample, all layers.…Next, for your brush size,…we want a really small brush size,…and here, I'll zoom in even further…so we can see this a little bit better.…I want a brush size which is just…about the size of the wrinkle there,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.