Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing unflattering distortion, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] In this movie, let's take a look at…how we can remove unflattering distortion in a photograph.…This is a environmental portrait that I captured…of a friend who was out surfing.…And here I was using using a really wide angle lens.…And one of the things that I like about that…is how it created this kind of look and effect,…but she doesn't look her best,…because of the distortion of the lens.…How can we fix that?…Here, we'll take a two-step approach.…The first step will be to look at how we can modify…the entire layer, then second we'll use liquefy.…
So, let's begin by duplicating the background layer.…Drag that down to the new layer icon.…And what we'll name this one is free transform…because we will be applying a…free transform effect to this layer.…Next, go to the edit pull down menu…and choose free transform.…Now, one of the things that you can do…with your images is you can change the characteristics…of them by using free transform.…And here I'm just clicking and dragging up.…Can you see how it's making the image look a little…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.