Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing stray hairs on a complex background, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Cleaning up or removing stray hairs…in portraits is a really common need.…And because of that, in the next two movies,…I want to show you two more techniques…for dealing with stray hairs.…In these movies, we'll be working with this portrait…that I captured of Ishay Purcell…in front of this corrugated tin wall.…Now, Ishay is an acclaimed designer and author…and if we zoom in on her portrait,…what we can see here is she not only…has some stray hairs but her hair's…a little bit frizzy around the edges.…Now, the complexity of this is that…she's standing in front of this complicated background.…
How in the world are we going to deal with that?…Now, we could try to use the spot healing brush…in the clone stamp tool, but it would take forever.…If we want to work more quickly, and if we need…to work on a large area, what you can do is this.…You can zoom out a little bit and analyze the image…and ask yourself, "Is there anywhere where I have…"a good part of the background?"…Like above the subject, this background up here is perfect.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.