Chris Mattia teaches you the basics of seamlessly removing objects from images with Photoshop so you can quickly clean up your teaching and learning assets and focus your viewers' attention exactly where you want it to be.
- [Instructor] A common thing we need to do,…in preparing images for teaching and learning,…is to remove someone or something from an image.…Now, to demonstrate how far we can take this with Photoshop,…well, let's take this image,…that would have made a great slide background,…if only I had noticed this channel marker here…with this bird on it when I took the picture,…or noticed this other channel marker…or all this other stuff in the background.…Well, let's get rid of all of those things.…Whenever you begin a major image restoration like this,…always start by jumping your image to a new layer.…
So, with the base layer selected,…press cmd + opt + j, or ctrl + alt + j on your keyboard…to jump that image to a new layer,…and then let's rename this new layer Clean.…Now, let's focus on getting rid of the red channel marker…and the bird.…Now, for this image, since we have a fairly consistent look…throughout most of the image,…let's start off with an image repair tool…that we haven't seen yet, and it's called the Patch Tool.…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.