Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing lint, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at a technique…which is really helpful when you need to deal with…a lot of little, small distracting elements.…In particular, let's look at how we can…retouch away lint on a t-shirt.…Here in this photograph, from a distance it looks fine,…yet if we double click the zoom tool to go to 100 percent,…and then look down at the t-shirt,…what we'll discover here, and let me zoom in even further…so you can see this, is we have all of this…little lint here on the shirt.…How can we clean that up?…Well we could, of course,…use a tool like the spot healing brush,…and with the spot healing brush we could…go through this piece by piece and remove all the lint,…but that would just take forever, right?…There has to be a better way.…
Well, there is, and what we're going to do…is we're going to use a filter.…So here, let me find a zoom right so you can actually…see this, maybe right around there.…We'll duplicate the background layer,…so click and drag this to the new layer icon.…Then, double click the layer name,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.