Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing a lamppost and Content-Aware Crop, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Now that we have been introduced…to how we can use Content Aware Fill…to improve our photographs,…I want to take a look at a little bit…more of an advanced example and here talk about…how we can also use Content Aware cropping.…Before we get to the photograph,…let's first talk about photography.…Often the photographic process is like this:…we're out with a friend,…we capture this image on the left first,…and it's just too cluttered.…It isn't a very strong portrait…because we can see cars in the foreground,…some in the background.…
So we get a little bit closer,…we recompose, and create a stronger frame,…like the one over here.…Now, this frame is stronger,…but then sometimes, maybe, we get back…and we realize, you know what,…I kind of had the vision for this image,…and I just wanted her with this one lamp post,…so I want to get rid of the one in the background,…also, some of the other items we have here in the frame.…Well to do that we can use Content Aware Fill.…We'll duplicate the background layer,…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.