Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing jewelry, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Sometimes in portrait retouching…you may encounter a situation where you have to remove…an object that the subject is wearing, like jewelry.…Well how do you do something like that?…Like with this image, let's say that we want to remove…this bracelet here.…In order to do that we're going to create two layers,…we'll do the same exact thing on both layers,…we'll just work on different sides of the image.…And what we'll do is work with Cloning,…Free Transform, and Warp.…Let me show you how this works.…Well it begins by creating a new layer…so click on the New Layer icon.…
And I'll go ahead and double click this layer name…and I'll call this Cleanup-1.…Next, select the Clone Stamp tool in the Tools Panel.…Up here in the Options Bar, let's choose a brush…without any hardness, and a pretty big brush.…Think we want to use one that's pretty big there,…something like that.…Now for the opacity I'll bring this all the way up to 100%.…Aligned turned on, and Sample, All Layers.…Next step we'll go down here…and hold down the Option key on a Mac, Alt on Windows.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.