Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing difficult shadows around the eyes, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] To accomplish the retouching for this project…we'll be doing three things: we'll work with the patch tool,…the healing brush and we'll learn a new technique…which allows us to dodge or to brighten…a specific area of the image.…Now you may remember this photograph…from earlier in the course.…This was one of the images where we looked at…how we could clean up the background…and you can see how we did that there.…And then I mentioned that later in the course…we would work on the shadows that we have…around the eyes in this area.…How can we do that?…Well it all begins by merging everything…to the top-most layer.…
Press shift + opt + cmd + e.…That gives you the ability to create a new layer.…That's the shortcut on Mac.…On Windows that's shift + alt + ctrl + e.…Alright, next we'll double click this layer name…and I'll go ahead and name this one patch…because that's what we'll be doing there.…We'll select the patch tool.…With the patch tool we want to use normal…and we also want to have a diffusion value…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.