Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing complex neck wrinkles, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Welcome back.…In this movie, we are going to work on this other wrinkle here.…This is going to be a tricky one but I think we can do it.…Let's deconstruct what's happening here a little bit.…We have the edges at the cheek there, which looks nice.…Then, we have this highlight that highlights are problem area, isn't it.…Then we have the shadow behind the highlights.…So we have to deal with the shadow and we have to deal with the highlight.…Let's start off with the shadow because that will probably be a little bit a easier.…Click on the New Layer icon, let's call this Neck2 and then grab the Clone Stamp tool.…Let's go to that blend mode we have seen before which is lighten, opacity really low in this case,…about 20% will be pretty good, nice small brush.…
What I am going to do here is just look to lighten up this wrinkle.…I am going through this and painting away.…Okay, too far, zoom out a little bit, see if we are removing that.…Yeah, we are starting to remove that shadow.…Go over here, lighten up to that portion a little bit, a little bit larger brush,…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.