Most advanced users of Adobe Photoshop, skip the auto commands. However, there is hidden power in these commands that you need to take advantage of. What are these commands and what can you do with them? In this video, learn how to use Auto Curves to remove color cast.
- Most advanced users skip the Auto command.…And I admit, in the past,…Auto wasn't nearly as useful.…But hidden within Auto are multiple methods…for automatically analyzing and solving problems.…One of those problems is color cast.…And an adjustment layer with Auto curves…has the ability to fix…all sorts of color cast issues…automatically for you instantly and accurately.…Now, this image is a little bit of a color cast.…
It's not bad, but it's a tad green…and it just doesn't have the richness that I'd like.…Now, you could, of course,…go after this manually,…adding a Curves adjustment,…and then switching to each channel.…For example, if I pull the red up or down,…you see how I can start to balance that image out.…But it does get a little bit tricky.…One of the things I like to suggest…is to hold down the Option key or Alt key here…and click on the word Auto.…This is going to bring up a new dialog…and what I want you to look at is this option…called Enhance Per Channel Contrast,…or Monochromatic Contrast.…
These work nicely on a contrasting image…
- Adjustment layer basics
- Improving color and contrast with Auto Curves and Auto Levels
- Creating custom black-and-white effects
- Using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to recolor artwork
- Expert color grading with color lookup tables
- Using gradient maps
- Making nondestructive adjustments with Smart Objects and stack modes
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop: Filters for Photographywith Chris Orwig1h 36m Advanced
1. Adjustment Layer Essentials
2. The Hidden Power of Auto
3. Beyond Black and White
5. Expert Color Grading with Color Lookup Tables
6. Gradient Maps
7. Smart Objects
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.