Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing and changing the background, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] So far in this course,…we have looked at how we can use…some of our Photoshop retouching tools…and techniques in order to remove…things like lint, jewelry, logos.…We've looked at how we can clean up and remove distractions…from the background of a photograph.…Yet, what about those situations where you want to remove…the entire background altogether…and do something different?…Well, that's exactly what we'll do here…with this photograph.…We'll look at how we can remove the subject…from his background, bring in another one,…and then add some other creative elements as well.…This project begins with using what's called…the Quick Select tool, you can find that…in the Tools panel right here.…
Go ahead and click on that and then position your…cursor over the image and just start to click and drag…over the photograph.…This allows you to build up a selection.…And here I'm going to click and drag over the image,…make sure I'm selecting everything.…Sometimes what you may need to do is change your brush…size when you're working with this tool.…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.