Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing background elements, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
If you can think back to that original magazine cover, one of the things that you may remember is…that the image was actually much taller, there was much more space above the bride and the groom.…So what I want to do in this movie is I want to add that space, and then I want to work on the image and the background.…Before I actually begin to do those improvements, let's click in our Top Most Layer, and then hold down the Shift key…and click in the retouched layer, and press Command+E on a Mac, Ctrl+E on a PC, and name this layer retouched.…Alright, we merged all of or retouching down, we're now good to go.…
Select the Crop tool from the toolbox, or you can press C on the keyboard.…Then make sure you have white in the background, and we're going to click and drag to expand across our image,…and then we're going to extend this Crop area above the image, and press Enter or Return.…Now we have a larger area, and that's where that magazine title will go.…We're now ready to start to work on the background, yet before I work on the background,…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.