Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing a background element pt. 4: Finishing the removal, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie we'll be working on the detail area here, removing the lamp beside the arm.…Now, before I do that, I want to flatten the layers that I created in the previous movie.…So let's click on the top layer.…I'm going to hold down the Shift key and click on the clean up layer and press Command+E on a Mac, Ctrl+E on a PC,…and we'll go ahead and name this layer clean up.…So here we have our before and after so far, before and after, cleaning the image up quite nicely.…What we're going to do in this particular area is we're going to select the Magnetic Lasso Tool,…and we're going to zoom in a little bit on the image, and we're going to make a really rough Magnetic Lasso Selection…around the inside of this portion of the image.…
Now again, if this selection is not perfect, we're not too concerned with that,…because we'll be able to sweeten this up or fix this up later.…I'll go ahead and hover across the image here, and make my way back up to the top.…Now I have that area selected.…I want to see if that's a good selection, so I'm going to click on the Adjustment Layer icon and choose Solid Color.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.