Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing a background element pt. 3: Detailed skin work, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Let's continue to work on this image.…Now, let's do some detail work.…One of the things that I think is pretty important when you are retouching this is…to not overcomplexify things; it doesn't have to be too complicated.…So what we're going to do here is click in the clean up layer and select the Magnetic Lasso Tool.…Now, we could use the Pen Tool, that would work quite well, I'm just going to use the Magnetic Lasso Tool.…What I'm going to do is I'm going to make a pretty rough selection around the arm here.…So I'm just grabbing this tool and I'm hovering along the line of the arm.…I'm going go all the way down here, and then down here, go a little bit farther than where I need to go,…and also go a little bit higher than where I need to go, and then click to make that selection.…
Now, this selection is going to help me out quite a bit.…What I'm going to do with this is I'm going to click on my top most layer, create a new layer, click on the New Layer icon.…Now, I'm not too concerned about naming these layers, because I'm going to flatten all of this down.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.