Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing a background element pt. 2: Roughing it out, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
In this movie we're going to work on removing the lamp from this side of the image.…So let's go ahead and zoom in on the image, and then let's rename this layer clean up;…that had been renamed in that previous movie, so I want to make sure that one says clean up there.…Then let's go ahead and create a New Layer; Shift+Command+N on a Mac, Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC, we'll name the New Layer c1,…Clean up 1, at least in this stage of the progress here.…So we have this c1 layer.…We're going to click in and select the Clone Stamp Tool.…I'm going to press 8 on the keyboard to select 80%, and what I want to do is just start to clone away this portion of the image.…
I'm going to work my way in with a bigger brush here, and I'm not too worried about what's happening here.…I'm going to go a little bit farther then I would be comfortable with, I might make a few mistakes,…but we can clean that up later, so we're going to go ahead and just inch our way in.…Option-click to sample different areas, try to disguise the pattern a little bit up here.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.