Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing a background element pt. 1: Isolating the element, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Here is where things are going to get a little tricky, so we'll take this step by step.…We need to clean up the Background, yet the model stands in front of this Background elements that we need to clean up.…So let's zoom in on this image and let's do something really easy for starters; the cord that's holding the lamp there.…Create a new layer; Shift+Command+N on a Mac, Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC, name it c1 for Clean 1.…We're going to zoom in here and select Clone Stamp Tool.…I'm going to paint with about 70% Opacity.…Option+Click on a Mac, Alt+Click on a PC, and I'm just going to slowly paint this away.…
So I Option+Click to set my source area, and I'm painting on a pretty low Opacity…because I don't want to create any strange repeating pattern.…Now, this background is pretty neutral.…Yeah, it's a good idea to hit this delicately, right, we don't want to go over the top.…I'm just going to swing by here, pressing the Option key to sample different areas.…I'm going to get this thing as small as I can, and then zoom out a little bit.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.