Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing acne and fixing discoloration, part of Learning Photoshop Portrait Retouching.
- [Instructor] Next, let's take a look at a example…which will involve a few more steps.…In this one, we'll need to do…some retouching and color work.…Well, let's zoom in on this portrait of a family friend.…She's a young soccer player and aspiring athlete.…If we zoom in close, we start to see…that there are some skin variations…and blemishes that we might want to reduce or remove.…So, as before, we'll create a new layer.…Click on the new layer icon…and double click this new layer, Skin.…As far as the first step goes,…we'll use the same method as before…using the Spot Healing brush, Content Aware,…Sample All Layers turned on,…and you want to just use a really nice and small brush…and start working on…a few different areas of the photograph.…
In this case, I'm looking to work on the issues…where we have some of these little skin variations.…I want to start with a really nice and small brush…and I am just clicking a lot here.…So, I'm clicking on all of these…small little skin variations.…I want to work on one area of the image…
- Cleaning up the background
- Removing distractions with the Spot Healing Brush
- Removing logos, jewelry, and lint
- Sculpting with Liquify
- Smoothing skin
- Removing unflattering distortion
- Changing the face with Face-Aware Liquify
- Removing shadows and wrinkles
- Improving eyes
- Whitening teeth
- Changing makeup
- Using multiple frames
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Retouching: Beauty Portraitswith Timothy Sexton1h 12m Intermediate
1. Clean Up the Background
2. Remove and Improve
3. Shape, Sculpt, and Modify
4. Improve Skin
5. Remove Shadows and Wrinkles
6. Improve Eyes
7. Whiten Teeth and Change Makeup
9. Using Multiple Frames
10. Bonus Tips and Advanced Challenges
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.