Explain that concept or just have a little fun with your own custom meme. Chris Mattia teaches you how to refine an animated GIF and convert it into your own custom meme with Photoshop. There is nothing quite like an animated gif to take your teaching and
- [Instructor] In the last movie,…we created this basic animated gif.…Let's refine this masterpiece a bit.…One of the great things about animated gifs…as teaching and learning assets is they are…really tiny animations that load almost instantly…and can quickly convey a process, a concept, or an idea.…However, at over two megabytes, this file is not…really very tiny, let's address that first.…To keep your file size as small as possible,…keep the total number of frames to an absolute…minimum required to create your animation.…
Currently, we have 16 frames in our animation…and that's really way more than we actually need…to pull off this particular effect.…Ideally, we'd want to get that down to somewhere between…two and 10 frames, and the smaller, the better.…Okay, let's get rid of every other frame…by clicking on frame two, then holding down…the command or control key on your keyboard and clicking on…all of the even numbered frames in your animation.…This'll select all of those independently.…We can then throw them away by clicking on…
- Mastering the Photoshop user interface
- Making selective adjustments
- Using actions for repetitive tasks
- Fixing common image problems
- Repairing an image with masks
- Preparing images for use on the web
- Creating 360 VR panoramas
- Making an animated GIF
Skill Level Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Blended Learningwith Chris Mattia1h 37m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Photoshop
2. Image Basics for Teaching and Learning
3. Fixing Common Image Problems
4. Preparing Images for Presentations
5. Creating Web Graphics
6. Videos, Animations, and 360 Media
7. Exporting Images
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.