Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Reducing wrinkles with Burn and Dodge, part of Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Techniques.
Welcome back.…In this movie we're going to work on the wrinkles.…So let's create a New Layer and let's do that by way of a shortcut, Shift+Command+N on a Mac,…Shift+Ctrl+N on a PC and we'll name this layer burn and dodge.…Next take the Blend mode to good old Soft Light and then select Fill with Soft-Light-neutral-color (50% Gray).…Press O on the keyboard that will select the Dodge tool, let's zoom in.…we're going to work on the shadows, a pretty low exposure, I take this down, something right below 20% there.…
Now, I have a nice and small brush here.…Brush, it's about the size of the wrinkles and I'm going to start working out these wrinkles.…Now, one of the things that I'm going to keep in mind as I'm working on these wrinkles is that I don't need…to remove the wrinkles; rather I want to just reduce them.…So I'm going to go across the image anywhere, where I see a little bit darker tone,…keep in mind I'm working on the darkest tones.…Work on the nostril there as well.…And work on these wrinkles, and I slowly want to work them out little by little.…
- Removing distracting background elements
- Cleaning up small skin blemishes
- Reducing and removing wrinkles
- Softening and smoothing skin
- Adding and enhancing makeup
- Enhancing and enlivening eyes
- Brightening and whitening teeth
- Improving contrast and contour
- Adding body shape and dimension
- Cropping and composing a wedding portrait
- Improving portrait lighting
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Portrait Retouching Essentialswith Chris Orwig10h 18m Intermediate
Beyond Skin: Going Deeper with Photoshop CS3with Lee Varis3h 56m Intermediate
Photoshop CS3 Creative Photographic Techniqueswith Chris Orwig10h 58m Intermediate
1. Creative Portrait Retouch
2. Headshot Portrait Retouch
3. Three-Quarter Portrait Retouch
4. Full Body Portrait Retouch
5. Wedding Retouch: The Bride
6. Wedding Retouch: The Cover Shot
7. Reversing the Aging Process
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.